Losing your phone or having it stolen can be distressing, but don’t worry – Google’s Find My Device feature can help you locate your lost Realme smartphone. To use this service effectively, ensure your lost device meets the following requirements:
- The lost Realme phone must still be switched on.
- You should use the same Google account logged in on the phone.
- The device should be connected to Mobile Data or Wi-Fi.
- Your contact number must be linked to the Google Account to call or ring the phone.
- Ensure that Location/GPS is turned on.
- Find My Device should be activated.
Here’s how you can activate and use Find My Device on your phone:
- Go to [Settings] > [Security] > and tap Find My Device. Toggle the slider to turn it on.
- Go to [Settings] > [Additional Settings] > [Device and Privacy] and tap Find My Device. Toggle the slider to turn it on.
- Go to [Settings] > [Google] > [Security] and tap Find My Device. Toggle the slider to turn it on.
You can choose any of the options above to activate Find My Device.
Once activated, you can follow these steps to remotely find, lock, or erase your lost Realme smartphone:
- Go to android.com/find and sign in to your Google Account (Make sure it’s the same account linked to your phone).
- On the map, you’ll see the approximate location of your device. If the device can’t be found, you’ll see its last known location, if available.
- Choose from the following options:
- Play Sound: This will ring your device at full volume for 5 minutes, even in silent or vibrate mode.
- Lock: Securely lock your device with your PIN, pattern, or password. You can also add a custom message or phone number to the lock screen to help someone return it to you.
- Erase: Permanently delete all data on your device (except data on SD cards). Remember that Find My Device won’t work on the device after erasing.
Note: If you find your device after erasing, you may need your Google Account password to use it again.
To find your lost Realme phone:
- Go to android.com/find on any device.
- Sign in with your Google account.
- Locate your phone on the map.
- Choose an action: Play sound, Lock, or Erase.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Confirm your action.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Check your phone for the chosen action.
Act quickly to protect your data if the phone is lost or stolen.
If you found this article helpful, follow us on Google News, Facebook, Telegram, and Twitter for more informative content. We’ll continue to bring you helpful articles like this one.