WhatsApp’s calling feature is fantastic, but not everyone wants it. Annoying calls can disrupt your messaging flow or raise privacy concerns. Whether you’re on an iPhone or Android, here’s how to disable WhatsApp calls.
- Say Goodbye to WhatsApp Calls: Disable Annoying Calls on iPhone and Android!
- Privacy and Convenience: Take Control of Your WhatsApp Experience.
- For Android Users: Older Version or Third-Party Apps Offer Solutions.
- GBWhatsApp Exclusive: A Modified WhatsApp with Unique Features.
- iPhone Workarounds: Silence or Use Do Not Disturb Mode for Peaceful Messaging.
Disabling WhatsApp Calls on Android Devices:
WhatsApp does not provide a built-in option to turn off voice calls. However, you can employ alternative methods to achieve this:
- Using an Older Version of WhatsApp:
- WhatsApp introduced VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) calling as a new feature. To disable it, consider using an older version of WhatsApp that does not support VoIP calling.
- Begin by opening the WhatsApp application on your Android device.
- Tap the three dots icon in the top-right corner to access the Settings.
- Select “Chats” and then tap on “Chat backup.”
- Click the “Backup” button to ensure all your chat data is securely saved on Google Drive.
- Now, visit the Google Play Store and download an older version of WhatsApp, such as 2.12.4 or earlier.
- After installation, open the app and select the option to restore your WhatsApp conversations and media from your previous backup.
- Using a Third-Party Application:
- Another alternative is to utilise third-party applications available on the Google Play Store to disable WhatsApp calls.
- One such app is GBWhatsApp, a modified version of WhatsApp that offers unique features, including the ability to disable voice and video calls.
- Start by downloading and installing GBWhatsApp on your Android device.
- Once installed, restore your WhatsApp chats and media that you previously backed up.
- Access GB Settings by tapping on the three dots menu.
- Navigate to “Other MODS” and select “Disable Voice Calls” to turn off WhatsApp calling.
Disabling WhatsApp Calls on an iPhone:
Unlike Android, iPhones do not offer a straightforward method to disable WhatsApp calls. However, you can explore workarounds to achieve the desired outcome: Also read: Realme Dialer and ODialer apk Download [Latest version]
- Silencing Your iPhone:
- If WhatsApp calls disturb you, a simple solution is to keep your iPhone on silent mode.
- Locate the physical ringing switch on the left side of your iPhone.
- Switch it off to mute all incoming calls, including WhatsApp calls.
- Activating Do Not Disturb (DND) Mode:
- Do Not Disturb (DND) mode is an enhanced version of silent mode that allows you to customise which calls and notifications are silenced.
- Swipe down to open the Notification Control Center on your iPhone.
- Tap the crescent moon icon to enable DND mode, which will silence all voice calls, alerts, and notifications.
- For further customization, access the “Settings” app, navigate to “Do Not Disturb,” and configure the settings to block incoming WhatsApp calls.
In conclusion, while WhatsApp’s calling feature offers convenience and connectivity, it’s essential to have options for customization. Whether you’re an Android user seeking older versions or third-party apps or an iPhone user implementing workarounds, you can now disable WhatsApp calls to enjoy uninterrupted messaging.
Remember to choose the method that best suits your preferences and needs, and always ensure the security and backup of your chat data.