Realme smartphones are renowned for their user-friendly features. Still, the default setting that allows an emergency call from the power button can sometimes lead to unintentional dialing. If you want to prevent accidental emergency calls, this guide will walk you through the process step-by-step.
Why Disable Emergency Call from the Power Button?
While making an emergency call with a single button press is a valuable safety feature, it can be problematic if your device frequently ends up in your pocket or bag. Turning off this function can prevent accidental calls to emergency services. You may accidentally press the power button when you’re putting your phone in your pocket or bag, which could lead to an unwanted emergency call.
- If your phone is stolen, the thief could easily make an emergency call using your phone, which could put you at risk.
- If you have a medical condition that requires you to carry a medical alert device, disabling the emergency call from the power button can help prevent accidental calls to emergency services.
- If you decide to turn off the emergency call from the power button, you can do so in your phone’s settings. Check your phone’s manual for instructions on how to do this.
Steps to Disable Emergency Call from Power Button
Follow these steps to turn off the emergency call feature on your Realme device:
Step 1: Access Phone Settings
- First, Unlock your Realme smartphone and navigate to the home screen.
- Now here you have to Swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal the notification shade and tap the gear-shaped settings icon to access the “Settings” menu.
Step 2: Go to Security & Privacy
- Scroll down to find and tap the “Security & Privacy” option.
Step 3: Select Lock Screen & Password
- In the “Security & Privacy” section, tap “Lock Screen & Password.”
Step 4: Enter Your Lock Screen Password
- At this point, Enter your lock screen password, PIN, or unlock pattern to access advanced security settings if prompted.
Step 5: Disable Power Button Emergency Call
- Scroll down to locate the “Emergency Call” section, which should include an option for “Press and Hold the Power Button for 5 Seconds to Make an Emergency Call.”
- Toggle this option off to disable the emergency call function from the power button.
Step 6: Confirm Your Choice
- Confirm your choice to turn off the feature when prompted.
Step 7: Test the Power Button
- To ensure the change has taken effect, press and hold the power button for a few seconds. You should no longer initiate an emergency call.
That’s it! You’ve successfully disabled the emergency call function from the power button on your Realme device.
Reverting the Change
If you wish to re-enable the emergency call feature, follow the same steps but toggle the option back on in the “Lock Screen & Password” settings.
By following these steps, you can prevent accidental emergency calls from the power button on your Realme smartphone. This customization ensures that your device remains user-friendly while minimizing unintentional disruptions to emergency services.
I hope you guys found the blog helpful and engaging for today.