Call recording can be a useful feature on your Realme device. However, the announcement that a call is being recorded can sometimes be disruptive or unwanted.
If you want to disable call recording announcements on your Realme device, you can utilise a third-party app called ODialer.
How to disable call recording announcements on your Realme device
This blog post will guide you through disabling call-recording announcements using ODialer, ensuring a more seamless and discreet call-recording experience.
Step 1: Install ODialer Begin by downloading and installing the ODialer app from the Google Play Store. ODialer is a stock dialer app offered by the ColorOS team, which allows you to record calls without any announcement.
Step 2: Set ODialer as the Default Dialer. Once ODialer is installed on your Realme device, open the app. You will be prompted to set ODialer as the default dialer. Grant all the necessary permissions required by the app.
To set ODialer as the default dialer on your Realme device and disable call announcements, follow these steps:
- Grant Permissions: Once ODialer is installed, open the app and grant any necessary permissions it requests, such as access to your contacts and phone calls.
- Access App Settings: Go to the settings menu on your Realme device by swiping down from the top of the screen and tapping on the gear icon or by locating the settings app in your app drawer.
- Select Apps or Applications: In the settings menu, find and select the “Apps” or “Applications” option. Depending on your Realme device model or software version, this may be labelled differently.
- Default Apps: Within the Apps menu, look for the “Default Apps” or “Default Applications” option and tap on it.
- Set ODialer as Default: In the Default Apps menu, locate the “Phone” or “Dialer” option and tap on it. You will be presented with a list of dialer apps on your device.
- Choose ODialer: From the list of dialer apps, select ODialer as your default dialer by tapping on it. You may see a confirmation dialogue or prompt asking if you want to set ODialer as the default. Confirm your choice.
- Test Call Recording: To ensure that all announcements are disabled, make a test call using ODialer. During the call, you should not hear any recording announcements or notifications.
Note: The exact steps and menu names may vary slightly depending on your Realme device model and the version of the operating system (ColorOS or Realme UI) it is running. Suppose you encounter any difficulties or cannot locate the specific options mentioned. In that case, it is recommended to consult the user manual for your device or contact Realme support for further assistance.
By setting ODialer as the default dialer app on your Realme device, you can effectively disable call recording announcements and record calls without interruptions or notifications to the other party.
Step 3: Make a Call and Record Without Announcement Now that ODialer is your default dialer, open the app and call as you normally do. You will find a “Record” button within the ODialer interface during the call. Tap the “Record” button to start recording the call without any announcement or warning to the other party.
Fix Call Announcement Errors
Troubleshooting (if necessary) In case the above steps don’t work as expected, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Ensure that ODialer is set as the default dialer in your device settings.
- Check if you have granted all the necessary permissions to ODialer.
- Update ODialer to the latest version from the Google Play Store.
- Restart your Realme device and try the steps again.
Using ODialer as your default dialer app on your Realme device, you can easily disable call recording announcements and record calls without interruptions or notifications for the other party. Remember to comply with any legal requirements or regulations regarding call recording in your region and respect the privacy of others during conversations.
Please note that ODialer may not be available for all Realme devices or software versions. If ODialer is incompatible with your device, you may need to explore alternative methods or contact Realme support for device-specific instructions.